Sunday, 13 December 2015

The light at the end of the tunnel

With a deadline to meet for it's first exhibition at Swindon in September 2016 I have drawn up a list of "must do's".  Whilst not much has been happening on the layout itself I have completed a multitude of smaller projects in readiness for placing on the layout.  Road vehicles, platform fittings (seats etc), a goods yard crane and lots more.  I will be rather relieved when it reaches an exhibitable state as it has taken far too long to come to fruition with other events getting in the way.
A thorough tidy up of the spare bedroom beckons to enable the layout to be set up again.
I have uploaded 2 photos of the station, taken in the Summer of 2014.   Much of the work on the layout has since been taking place on the "country" end.

The sun is getting low as the head porter begins to lock up the station for the night.

Looking across from the goods yard with most of the platform visible.

Saturday, 28 February 2015

The saga continues............

Followers of this blog will be aware that posts are few and far between but the fact that there is 11 months since the last update stretches credibility somewhat.  Due to other matters I have done very little actual modelling since last June and I am am only very slowly getting back into things.
Anyhow, enough of that and on with the update.
After a period of being stored away I took one look at the middle board and immediately ripped up one of the sidings as I was just not happy with it.  It just looked too straight and tidy running in a boring parallel fashion alongside the running line.  It is now much shorter and curves away from the platform approach and represents the stub of a long-lifted spur to a quarry or some such industry.

The end of the short siding with the fence cutting across the trackbed of the former branch.  Apologies for the plastic sheet in the background.

Stepping back a bit and showing the PW hut, the wire fencing and undergrowth.  I certainly feel much better with how this corner of the layout looks now.